4.02.2008

Baby and the Po-Po

Okay, well as you can guess from the title..we had a run-in with the law! My lovely child decided he was going to play with the phone and inadvertently called 911! I did not realize this when I just turned the phone OFF. No sooner than I put the phone in the cradle, it was ringing. DH answered at the same time I did so I hung up. DH came in from the cave (explain this on another day) and had this look of complete surprise. He said that was the dispatcher and she had a call from our number, was everything ok? She heard crying...ie my child getting upset because I took the phone away. He said it was fine and thought that was the end. HA HA..not quite...! MAYBE five minutes later, there is a knock at the door. Now, I am still in my PJs so I run to the cave and tell DH to answer the door. I am standing behind the door in the kitchen so whoever is at the door doesn't see me...and guess who it is....TADA...the PO-PO! They come in the house and ask for DH's license and wants to know if everything is ok? DH explains the story again. PO-PO want to see ME! They want to make sure I am ok?? WHAT..me? Yes, I am ok but I am NOT dressed! They still want to see me...so DH comes around the corner and says GET OUT HERE...they want to see you! GGRRREEEAT! I have my hair up in a pony on the top of my head, no make-up, NO BRA, and in my lovely PJs!! I am praying that it's not someone I know! Thank you Lord for listening to my pleas...I walk out and show them that my DH is not a child/wife-beater and that we are indeed ok. DH gets his license back and off they go...back to crime fighting! OMG!! DH is so embarassed, as I am. Maybe we can laugh tomorrow but right now, we are unplugging the phones!

3 comments:

Kim Mayfield said...

Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry for you! We once had the police come into our house to use the sink because one of them got sprayed in the face with pepper spray while trying to restrain a criminal. They found a hypodermic needle in the kitchen that Barry used to fill his fountain pen with ink. We got the third degree over that one! I'm glad that everything turned out ok at your house!

I miss you! Did you get my message the other day? Call me!!!

Sarah said...

Yikes! At least the good news is that I'm sure the PO PO has seen IT ALL and a mommy in her jammies is probably totally run of the mill. ;)

Suburban Correspondent said...

My kids have done that twice. And the second time? Was on 9/11/2001 - I almost had a heart attack when the police cruiser pulled up to our door.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!